Friday, August 20, 2010

New Paintings

John  Irving says that before he begins a story he already has written down the last line.  Before he starts he know the ending.  It may be true, but I know that between his first line and his last his book will take him places he never expected.

If you want me to paint you a horse, I will paint you a horse, or an apple, or a sunflower, or a naked man.  But when I am  really working, I can no more control my paintings than I can control my dreams.

My new series of paintings comes as a complete surprise.  I am not sure what they mean, and to tell you the truth, I am not even certain which way is up.

point of view at a gaijin bar

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,
    Welcome to the world of blogs! It's a fun thing to do. Look forward to following you here.
    sjfnewyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete